Sunday, April 8, 2012

NaPoWriMo - April 8th

April is National Poetry Writing Month. In celebration of poets everywhere, and to encourage those who are just embarking on their literary journey, I will be posting poetry (not mine) each day for the month of April. Please take a look and enjoy this special art.

Crystal Stockwell



Crystal is a twenty-nine year old young lady who has Cerebral Palsy.  She has been in a wheelchair since the age of four. Although Crystal has had her share of challenges in life, she has always been a dreamer. Her biggest dream is having the chance to share her poetry with others.

Crystal began writing poetry as a freshman in High school. Through one simple school assignment, she  discovered her talent for writing. Her first poem, called Rainbow opened the door to that talent. Crystal credits the Lord for her gift of writing. She feels that without him, this book would not have been possible.

Crystals poetry is available through Lulu, Amazon, and on Amazon Kindle.

Inspiration From Above



Inspiration From Above is a five star read from new author Crystal Stockwell. It will capture your heart and touch your life. As the title says, I personally know for fact her inspiration for her poetry comes from above. Crystal is a quadriplegic and has been confined to a wheelchair since she was 4. Her mind and speech are clear and she graduated in a regular school with her peers. She is able to use the computer but cannot write, so when a poem comes to her mind, it comes all at once and someone either writes it down for her or she types it out on the computer with no forthought. I highly recommend this book for everyone and give it five stars *****

Reviewed by 
Nora Chipley Barteau 
Reviewers Helping Authors



Mama's Old Bible 

I remember mama's Old Bible oh so very well, 
Only time will tell. 
The Lord would take away my fear and strife, 
As those Bible stories came to life, 
Mama would read from the Bible every day and night, 
And she let me know that everything would be alright. 
She would tuck me into the bed and kiss me good night, 
Say a little prayer, and turn out the light. 

Jesus is here she would say, 
But tomorrow is another day. 
Mama's gone on, but her memory still lingers, 
Oh how I love mama's Old Bible.



The Treasure Chest 

The treasure chest sets in the corner 
Filled with memories from long ago. 
Every year mama added a memory to put away, 
Each one she held so dear. 

As I open it to look inside, 
A world full of history I happen to find. 
As I look upon memories past, 
I am reminded of how time slips away. 

Mama's wedding dress from 1942, 
Daddy's purple heart from Vietnam, 
Grandpa's old red Bible 
He loved so well, 
Grandma's black and white pictures, 
Oh what a story they tell. 
 
This chest is more than just a memory box, 
It's a family heirloom. 
This chest holds what mom loved best. 
May God bless mama's treasure chest.


 Time 

As I look into the mirror, 
I reflect on years past. 
I remember my younger days, 
How quickly time has flown. 
 
With every line and wrinkle, 
I am reminded of the Godly wisdom I have been given. 
The mirror reminds me that my days are few, 
That time waits for no one. 

My withered hands, my silver hair, 
Tell me time passes quickly. 
With only memories of years gone by, 
I reflect on the life I've lived. 
As I prepare to take my final breath, 
I leave a Godly legacy. 

The lesson is this, 
Make use of your time here. 
Time passes quickly, 
Time waits for no one.


No comments:

Post a Comment