Friday, April 20, 2012

NaPoWriMo - April 20th

April is National Poetry Writing Month. In celebration of poets everywhere, and to encourage those who are just embarking on their literary journey, I will be posting poetry (not mine) each day for the month of April. Please take a look and enjoy this special art.

Salwa Samra



Salwa Samra is a writer of ‘Poetry' and 'Non Fiction.' She is most passionate about 'Poetry' and prefers to label her writings as - 'Writing Pieces' rather than Poems/Poetry for the specific rationale that her writings are 'Pieces' that reflect nature, emotions, sentiment, and experiences of the human body, mind, and spirit.
Salwa has a varied and wide collection of Writing Pieces.

More of Salwa's work can be found on her blog and her facebook page.

Please NOTE:
All Salwa Samra's Writing Pieces are protected under the Copyright Act 1968. Copyright gives its owner the legal right to take action in certain circumstances if someone else uses these Writing Pieces without purchase or permission.

I’ll Be

I’ll be your flower in the sun
I’ll be your rain in dry periods to come
I’ll be your tears in trials of sorrow
I’ll be your lender in times to borrow

I’ll be your strength when you are weak
I’ll be your light from darkness to peak
I’ll be your calm when the storm arrives
I’ll be your peace in peril and strife

I’ll carry you through each mountain height
I’ll tread you along each heavy plight
I’ll be your stream in the valley low
I’ll pace you through any frightening blow

I’ll be your touch when it’s too hard to feel
I’ll be your warmth from the cold to seal
I’ll be the straight trail from the crocked path
I’ll be your joy to impart a candid laugh

I’ll be the gold when you’re being refined
I’ll be the pearl in the oyster you find
I’ll be the colours in your rainbow
I’ll be your unquenchable gusto

Salwa Samra © 2009
All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.



ASPIRE

In the rush of the wind
A whisper is eager to ascend
In the twinkle of an eye
A raindrop releases its cry

As the fawn shadows the doe
A prey surrenders to its unrelenting foe
As the seed is soiled to the land
It emerges to something quite grand

During the Winters rain the storms roar
In its fierceness unforeseen victory may soar
Within the splendor of the sun new life is created
Inside the wonder of Spring much is mated

Through the dark of night when all is still
The mornings dawn contains its silent fill
Soon dusk appears in its misty haze
Weaving the day for the next to amaze

Endeavour to grasp the unknown design
When a new day greets another entwines
As the twilight comes and the stars appear
Seek to understand the unfamiliar near

For each individual is a unique creation
In every personality a diverse foundation
Aspire to embrace what is yours alone
In each of us a gift is fervently sown

When the bird orchestrates its familiar songs
Contemplate nature to you it belongs
When the grandeur of life leaves you in awe
Aspire to discover just a little more

Salwa M. Wills © 2008
 All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.



Rooms in my Heart

One day I discovered many ‘rooms’ in my heart
As I walked down it’s passage, doors set apart
On these doors were displayed the title of each
Travelling life’s journey, everyone I’ve beseeched

The first room I entered ‘love’ was its name
I was touched by it’s settings, warmth it attained
Recalling many memories from child to mother
There glittered unconditional love for many another

Leaving the room of love coldness invited me
To view a room quite dark, it was ‘anger’ you see
The walls were covered in irritable black
Retracing many experiences of looming tracks

Separated from anger was brightness of ‘joy’
Throughout this room many colours to enjoy
Dancing, laughter, celebration & success
Rekindled many memories of moments blest

Then suddenly a haunting sound caused a fright
And led me into a room so dismal in it’s plight
‘Fear’ had inhaled this space and it’s extent
Causing many an opportunity abandonly spent

Continuing nearby was harmony I heard
its door and ‘peace’ greeted me without a word
How I longed to linger in it’s victorious liberty
Rest had heralded me to stillness so free

Many other rooms in my heart reside
Each one I exhibit a portrait inside
To enter and view with an attitude of trust
Furnished with an aspiration to polish not rust

By Salwa Samra © 2009
All rights reserved. Reproduction in whole or part without permission is prohibited.


No comments:

Post a Comment